As a successful business owner, it may have crossed your mind that one day you may want to retire, sell the company or transition the business to a trusted insider. Doing this successfully, and on your terms, takes planning. When navigating the complex process of exit planning, there is success in numbers!
Consider joining our Peer Advisory Board (PAB) on Exit Planning to streamline your journey. The board consists of other closely-held business owners that get together every other month. The group is facilitated by Bob Zarlengo, who, after having successfully exited his CPA firm after almost four decades of ownership, now focuses exclusively on exit planning.
The Board is an exclusive, “invitation-only” collaboration of members who come together to discuss strategies, share resources, and uncover answers throughout the exit planning process. Participation on the Board provides owners with an unprecedented opportunity to share insights, thoughts, and experiences with peers who are on parallel paths – a truly unique situation that will serve to compound your exit planning success.
Bob guides Board meetings as members “deep dive” into many exit planning topics including:
- Identifying Your Exit Objectives
- Quantifying Financial Resources (cash flow, business valuation)
- Maximizing and Protecting Business Value
- Handling Ownership Transfers
- Learning how to Construct Your Advisor Team
- Understanding Tax Implications of Various Transition Strategies
The Peer Advisory Board meets six times per year, every other month, to discuss challenges, share resources and cultivate solutions throughout the exit planning process. In addition to participation in this collaborative environment, each PAB member receives six one-hour individual consultations with Bob Zarlengo, opposite the board meeting months. Board membership requires a minimum one-year commitment in order to provide continuity and afford the greatest opportunity for each member’s success.
What benefits can closely-held business owners expect when they join the Peer Advisory Board?
- An inexpensive way to gain valuable strategic insights into exit planning
- A process by which to formulate your own exit strategy using tried and proven methods
- A sounding board, with peer insight, for issues that surface as you plan your exit
- Accountability to your own exit planning strategy
- Access to ideas you may not have considered
- Comradery with other like-minded, closely-held, business owners
- Resources that will ensure your successful exit when the time comes
But there’s more! Along with developing a strategic plan for their future exit, board members will find that this plan benefits the health and stability of their business today. A strategic exit plan charts the course for many aspects of your business for the long-term. It is designed to optimize and protect the value of your business, and it provides systems to monitor your progress. Few businesses have this degree of strategy, long-term planning, and accountability in place without having gone through the exit planning process.
For more information or to be considered for membership on the Colorado or Arizona Peer Advisory Board, email Bob Zarlengo at BZarlengo@RJZinc.com or visit https://rjzinc.com/about/exit-planning-board/.