Successfully exiting your business will likely prove to be the single largest financial transaction of your life – and a transition you’ll want to accomplish on your own terms. But planning for this event is a complex process.
Through decades of working with business owners, exit planning strategy expert, Bob Zarlengo, understands the value of engaging with like-minded individuals who are navigating similar processes. As a CPA and Certified Exit Planner, he facilitates the Colorado and Arizona Peer Advisory Exit Planning Boards, an exclusive membership of closely-held business owners.
Board members “deep dive” into many exit planning topics under Bob’s leadership, including:
- How to Construct Your Advisor Team
- Identifying Your Exit Objectives
- Quantifying Financial Resources (cash flow, business valuation)
- Maximizing and Protecting Business Value
- Handling Ownership Transfers
- Understanding Tax Implications of Various Transition Strategies
The Peer Advisory Board (PAB) meets six times per year, every other month, to discuss challenges, share resources and cultivate solutions throughout the exit planning process. Board membership requires a minimum one-year commitment in order to provide continuity and afford the greatest opportunity for each member’s success. In addition to participation in this collaborative environment, each PAB member receives six one-hour individual consultations with Bob, opposite the board meeting months.
Joining the Peer Advisory Board provides closely-held business owners:
- An inexpensive way to gain valuable strategic insights into exit planning
- A process by which to formulate your own exit strategy using tried and proven methods
- A sounding board, with peer insight, for issues that surface as you plan your exit
- Accountability to your own exit planning strategy
- Access to ideas you may not have considered
- Comradery with other like-minded, closely-held, business owners
- Resources that will ensure your successful exit when the time comes
The monthly investment in Peer Advisory Board membership is $350 which includes bi-monthly meetings and individual consultations. Two exit planning PAB opportunities are available – one in Colorado and one in Arizona. The Colorado PAB meets the 2nd Wednesday of every other month, and Arizona meetings are held the third Friday of every other month.
Before participating in a meeting, new members are asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement, complete an Input Form, and participate in a phone call with Bob regarding board meeting structure, expectations, and an overview of one-on-one meetings.
For more information or to be considered for membership on the Peer Advisory Board, email Bob Zarlengo at BZarlengo@RJZinc.com or visit https://rjzinc.com/about/exit-planning-board/.