Deciding to exit your business may be the single largest financial transaction of your life. They say it is easier to predict the future if you write it. Exit planning involves many important decisions, some of which include:
- When do you want to exit your company?
- How will you ensure your estate and family’s assets are protected?
- Who will take over the company when you retire, become disabled or die?
- Do you want to remain in control, or pass the company on to your children or key employees?
Click on the photo below for a 2-minute video that explains why you need an exit plan:
Listen to a short audio on why profitable exits begin long before the sale:
The 7-step approach to Exit Planning was developed by attorney and author John H. Brown over 20 years ago and has been adapted by BEI, the Business Enterprise Institute. As a member of BEI’s Network of Exit Planning Professionals, we’re happy to provide you with this tool to gauge how prepared you are for the biggest financial event of your life – the exit from your company.
The steps include:
- Defining your exit objectives
- Establishing your business and personal financial resources
- Building and preserving your business value
- Assessing whether you’ll sell your company to a third party
- Assessing whether you’ll transfer your ownership to insiders
- Understanding business continuity
- Protecting your personal wealth and managing estate planning
Take this short assessment and you’ll receive a personalized pie chart that shows where you are in your own exit planning process.
There are three segments to analyzing your company’s worth today – and what it MUST be worth for you to exit in style. They are:
Take this short, 12-question analysis to help you decide what you need and what as your primary ownership objectives, quantify the value of your current resources, determine the gap between what you need and what you have, and develop a plan to increase your company’s value and cash flow. You’ll receive a custom Value Driver Report.
Obtain visibility into what drives company value by understanding your company’s strengths and weaknesses, seeing how your company compares to similar companies, and optimizing company value with minimal time and resources. Learn more about our solution powered by Quist Insights™ here.